Garage slab - my LBCO needs to ring me back - do you know?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do you know whether the garage can be the same height as the utility room (door connecting the two) as long as the garage floor slab slopes away to the drive?

I was offered a raised cill, or advised of a min of a 4" step down into the garage from the house, but he didn't know whether what I'd read somewhere (wish I knew where now!) was correct - so he is calling me back tomorrow! :S

It makes a big difference in terms of muck away, and has knock on effect with the drive...

Thanks in advance

Tom

Sponsored Links
Magic! Thanks for that!

Do you have a document reference I can quote if he calls me back later and says I can't?

Cheers
Tom

My BC man just phoned and said he'd looked it up and it was fine!

Winner - I didn't really want to quote anything and make it look like I knew more about it than he.... the rest of the build might have been scrutinised somewhat finer! :)

Thanks Freddy
Tom

Sponsored Links
I'm just glad he confirmed it...

My builder reckons its a pain in the rear laying a sloping slab, but I hate raised thresholds so he is going to have to man up and crack on!

Cheers all
Tom

Thank you for confirming - he doesn't strike me to being new on the job either.. he has the grumpy 'i've been doing this sh1t too long' aura about him!

Cheers
Tom

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back