Garage supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
greetings

my mate asked me to have a look at his garage supply and discovered the following.

supply fed off 45A mcb on non rcd side of cu in house
supply is 10mm t & e run in pvc conduit to garage
garage has it's own cu with rccb as the main incomer
consists of 1 x 6A light ciruit - 1 light
1 x 32A ring - 2 sockets.

All wiring is protected by trunking in garage, but my concern is there is no 10mm earth to the garage cu. There are no ex conductive parts, therefore is 10mm needed? Zs of 10mm t & e is ok etc. Supply is tncs/pme.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The cpc of the cable is fine (providing you mean no extraneous conductive parts.)

I do. I was a bit concerned as I have heard other sparks saying its better to tt the garage and then some others say no you must run a 10mm from met. But I can't find a definitive answer in the regs when there are no exposed conductive parts.

Sponsored Links
Thanks spark123 - I have seen it and it mentioned correct bonding etc - now realise I didn't read/think properly before posting :oops: . Ajolopies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back