Garage Ventilation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a stand alone garage of block construction with a flat roof which is only around 3 years old.

I have noticed that the exposed joists and sterling board are looking damp in places which I am guessing is down to condensation.

Due to whoever constructed it there is quite a gap under the garage door allowing ventilation but nothing high up.

A guy I know mentioned rather than cutting out a rectangular shape on each wall and placing in an air brick to get a diamond core drill and cut out a few holes and use some form of circular vent similar to extractor fans etc?

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether this would be adequate? The garage is only for storage but am thinking of putting a basic gym in there. I guess by putting insulation in there and then boarding the ceiling this would make the condensation worse at the moment if there is no ventilation? Have searched a few threads on here but think they are more concerned with turning undercroft garages etc into living rooms...?

Anyone recommend any products for venting ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back