Ventilation through garage stud walls

Do you think I should just finish the insulation with the PR boards and just put in an extraction fan on the roof then?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Woody, I will just go for it tomorrow and constantly monitor humidity levels.

I don't get it; why would you create an insulated box that you then ventilate in an uncontrolled fashion such that it sits at ambient outside temp?

Sponsored Links
I don't get it; why would you create an insulated box that you then ventilate in an uncontrolled fashion such that it sits at ambient outside temp?
The goal is to keep the garage at an ambient temperature and reduce humidity.

The humidity in my area is very high so there is a chance the humidity will rise in the garage.

The garage has two up and over doors so some air will get in there.

There are 4 airbricks letting loads of humid, cold air into the garage at the moment.

I have build stud walls filled with PIR at this point.

What would you suggest to meet the goals?

If you're not heating the garage, seal it up as best you can and run a dehumidifer in it in target RH mode

One of the aims is to keep it heated though. Only at around 15 degrees though.

The temperature currently goes down to around freezing.

One of the aims is to keep it heated though. Only at around 15 degrees though.

The temperature currently goes down to around freezing.
way too high it will cost you a fortune
i would go for say 5 degrees to give frost protection to save glues paints and other cold sensitive items

Will see what it's like once I get it insulated I guess. I have a remote monitor so will see when the heater comes on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back