Garage wall wet still

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently built a new garage and one of the walls is made from single skin concrete blocks, I sealed the entire garage with a really good coat of Thompsons Ultra one coat water seal and yet the wall is still getting wet on the muck joints. I rang thompsons and they were very unhelpful and said I never put enough on. So I bought another 5 litres and literally soaked the entire wall (It was running off) lAnd now its still bloody wet on the inside after driving rain. Its certainly not getting in from inside as its only in places and the plasterboarded ceiling is bone dry.

Please help as all my tools are starting to get damp now and I have mould in my new garage cupboards.

Can i buy something better that will totally seal the wall and can it be applied on top of the thompsons ****.?

Sponsored Links
You need to understand how Thompsons works, and why the large voids in a concrete block wont be sealed by this type of repellent

A silane based product may work, but you need to check suitability for the type of block you have

ok thanks for the reply, the blocks i have are standard concrete dense blocks, it actually seems to be more dame on the muck joints although that may be where the water settles and carries through the block.

any ideas on a suitable product thanks.

Sponsored Links
The water will be percolating down through the block and then being absorbed across the joints

Google for " silane siloxane water repellent " and check any data sheet for suitability on blockwork surfaces

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back