garden and part p

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am planing on keeping costs down for extras etc. so can i do all the wiring in the garden my self eg. putting floods in and outdoor sockets(cables will be in conduit! :rolleyes: ) and then get a electrician to come and connect the lot to the main fuse box and test it all. or would he just make me rip it all out!!????
:evil:
thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Would you sign of work you haven't done? Unless you're electrician is a mate I think most would at least want to see the conduilt etc and check the connections before signing it off.

If you speak to the spark, do all the manaul work then this would save the spark a great deal of time, but the spark will do all the electrical work and therefor sign of his/her/its own work.

ok thanks.

so can i bury the SWA cable and conect it to the cu in the shed and thn get the leccy to come n check?

Sponsored Links
Due to the recent increase in transgender sparks it is no longer appropiate to address them as his/her, it now as to be its, it is to be a new feature of the 18th edition regs.

oh whilst were on the topic of electricians :) does any one no of any fairly cheap but decent leccys in the southampton area?

There's no such thing as a cheap decent electrician. You get what you pay for ;)

ash1900, don't do anything.!

find an electrcian first and ask them what they would be happy with you doing.

or put it this way:

I make a fantastic looking cake, you sign it as yours.

Some one eats it and drops stone dead, i put arsenic in the cake. you said the cake was fine, even though i made it, you said it was ok, its your fault.

would you have not been better off watching me make the cake?

oh, and please use the
icon_edit.gif
button

breezer, why do you want ash to use the edit button? :confused:

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 15:29

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 15:33

both posted by ash1900, one after the other

after the submit button was pressed he had a 2nd thought, so posted again.

its amazing hpow many people do not read what is infront of them , or wonder / ask what that button does

ok i was just wondering at what sort of work i am actually aloud to do. but i am going to find an electrian soon when i get near to sorting out the garden

thanks anyway

and sorry breezer i will use it next time :D :LOL:
i forget about it

Due to the recent increase in transgender sparks it is no longer appropiate to address them as his/her, it now as to be its, it is to be a new feature of the 18th edition regs.

I'm afraid it goes further than that.
Under the 18th edition human electricians will no longer be allowed.
All electricians will look like this, and must be referred to as "it"

rrobot.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back