1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Garden deck anchoring

Discussion in 'In the Garden' started by threedee, 20 Apr 2016.

1. threedee

threedee

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I'm thinking on building a deck over my messy back garden. Grass is massacred by ten ton front loader wheels (dont ask). No point digging it out as there's clay right under. Hence the deck.

However, we here get some severe winds and i'm not confident its not gonna fly away one day in november. My flat shed roof flown off to neighbours field so not taking that chance with a big *** flat surface again.

Most builds i find are of free standing decks, propped on blocks to prevent rot.
    How do i anchor it to the ground ? Wooden posts will rot, digging in clay is a bit much, etc.

Any advice on this is appreciated.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. r896neo

r896neo

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Concrete your posts into the ground, also fit a skirt to stop wind whipping under the deck.

4. Evostance

Evostance

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    This. Dig some holes so it's propped up sufficiently. Hold all the posts together by tacking wood to them and then pour some postcrete into the holes and fill with water. 15 minutes and they'll be rock hard.
    Build your deck frame off the posts

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local