Garden Equipment Dilemma

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All

Am a bit of gardening newbie, having decided that it makes no sense to pay a man to do it for me. Having armed myself with a decent lawnmower, I now need to find a strimmer (do they still call them that?) and a hedge trimmer.

I don't have a huge garden, in facts its small to medium sized. I'd rather stick to electric cordless, rather than corded or petrol.

I've what looks like a good deal for about £100 for both pieces of kit, from Ryobi. Both take the same batteries, and the deal comes with a charger and a pair of batteries. I like the concept of being able to always have one battery on charge, and being able to swap between kit if it goes flat.

Is this a good deal? Or are other makes better for the money?

Cheers

JFH

Sponsored Links
If you're going to pay someone, let them use their own tools, or just buy some shears. If you buy machinery, it will go wrong. It will cost you money while he can't get on with the job.

If you buy machinery, it will go wrong. It will cost you money while he can't get on with the job.

That's why Weetabix is more expensive than 'own label' supermarket equivalents...if you read the side of the pack you'll find a statement declaring:

"all wheat used in the production of these biscuits is harvested and threshed by hand"

true that.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back