Switching to Ryobi cordless tools

For the high draw tools like strimmers, hedge trimmers the bigger batteries 4 or 5ah are better suited, 2ah fine for drills at DIY level

Sponsored Links
For the high draw tools like strimmers, hedge trimmers the bigger batteries 4 or 5ah are better suited, 2ah fine for drills at DIY level

I meant, from a weight perspective. Having 1.3 or 2.5Ah for the lower power demand tools might make them more usable rather than having a large weighted battery. No?

Sponsored Links
Slightly different environment, but I have a small (2Ah) battery which exists for those occasions when I need to go "lightly armed" with maybe just an impact driver to do a small job - not as much run time as the 5Ah batts I've standardised on, but smaller and lighter can be a bonus if you have to do much climbing of ladders, etc

Horses for courses, I have a 10.8 (12v?) Bosch drill driver, of course it's useless for hardcore drilling, but for assembling kitchen cabs etc it's a star, lightweight and ample runtime, esp with 2 batts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back