Garden Office

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Researching into getting a garden office as working in the spare room is no longer going to be an option and I fancy a quiet space away from the house.

I'm looking at some local companies but could do with some advice around the spec. Could I get opinions on the below construction, I'm not familiar with the foil insulation. How would this perform for both heat retention and noise reduction? Any opinions appreciated thanks.

Specification
> single white double glazed pvc door
> 2 opening white pvc windows
> 15mm tongue groove outer cladding
> 70mm cavity insulated with double superquilt airtec insulation
> 15mm tongue groove inner cladded finish
> Superfelt Roof covering

Sponsored Links
Woefully inadequate in every way.
Will be unusable for most of the year.
It's on the low end of the scale price wise but that's good know.

Any minimums I should be looking for in terms of cladding thickness and insulation type?

Built to a proper standard with minimum of 150mm PIR insulation in the walls, floor and ceiling.

The 'log cabin' affairs are overpriced garden sheds and will be about as usable as one.

Sponsored Links
Another option is to use a SIPS Panel construction.

I've done a DIY garden room build thread on here.
Thermally really good, usable all year round with minimal heating in the winter.
I'm still using the aircon right now to keep the temp down, though that might be due to all the compute equipment present

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back