Garden office

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of building an outdoor office/log cabin. Has anyone any experience of this or would it be easier to buy a 'kit'?

Sponsored Links
Obviously it would be easier to buy the 'kit' as the plan is already done for you, making it yourself would give you the made to measure size if you're capable of making one, I have made 3 sections summerhouse in a L-shape format in the corner of my garden and have saved a lot of money, like I say depends what your capability of making one, there're some plans on the website to help you to make shed/summerhouse.

Do you need planning permission for that? Was trying to find the website of a company I know (Nordic something) who make timberframed garden offices, but can't find the documentation they once gave me when I met them at an B2B exhibition (filed away to well ;))
Isn't a garden office regarded the same as a garden 'shed'?

Sponsored Links
Normally you just need to follow building regs unless it's over 30m, otherwise it will need planning permission. As for office building, I'm not up to date now but I think it's to do with running a business from home and depending what the office is for etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back