Garden power!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No, this isn't some rally cry to form some sort of movement and representation of the garden!

I'm trying to work out the best way of putting power into the bottom of my (what will be when it's finished) new garden. The garden slopes a little away from the house towards a step which I have created using railway sleepers as a retainer wall. I was hoping to place a socket underneath one of the steps to obsucre it, and then run cable back up the garden to the back of the garage (about 9 or 10 metres).

Should I used armoured cable?
Should I run the cable through some sort of conduit/piping?
How far down should it be?
How do I mark it for future reference?

Do I really need to ask this many questions ???

Sponsored Links
To answer your questions (which should be in the electrical forum)

Yes.
No.
At least 18"
With electrical warning tape buried beneath the surface.

The main thing to note, is that you'll need it installed by a 'competant person' or get it inspected/tested/signed off by one. Search 'Part P' in the leccy section.

For 10 metres is it worth the aggro/expense? Competent people and inspections will cost ya many times the price of the materials. Why not just get one of these?

p4098775_x.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back