Garden Room Floor Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I'm just starting a diy garden room build and cannot find a definitive answer to this anywhere. The base will be made from treated 4x3 timber and will sit 2" off the ground on 9 concrete blocks. I believe the easiest way to insulate this would be to jam in some foil backed insulation between the joists. The question is, how likely are rodents going to start chewing through the underside of the insulation? What can I do to mitigate this? I was thinking of dropping in some 11mm OSB panels prior to the insulation but feels like a waste of time and money.

What do you think?

Many thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
I have the the same concern with my garden cabin -so far its been ok!

I do know rats and mice will chew up celetex -Ive seen some well chewed bits.

Ok so I decided to install osb panels prior to polistyrene insulation. Can anyone confirm if I need to install a vapour barrier before I put the ply floor down. Also do I need to add vents into the base so condensation can't build up. Any help appreciated
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back