Garden shed sat on bricks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The shed 25 years old, the sterling board floor is rotten. Because of the way the shed was made, the underside of floor rests on the ground which is actually flagstones.

The frame consist 2 x 1 1/4 timbers round the outside edge of the floor with vertical posts standing on them to which the wall panels are pinned.

As the floor is rotten, I plan to lift the entire shed and put bricks, or perhaps flags, underneath to keep the shed timber off the damp ground.

Sponsored Links
I use concrete blocks, just enough space for a cat to slip under, so no chance of rodents setting up home underneath.

Oh and put a piece of DPC between the block and the timber to stop damp rising

Noted on the DPC - thanks for the suggestion.

The shed should have been set on bricks when installed but it was my Father and his mate who did it.

Once I get the shed emptied, I can work inside to get all the rotten wood removed then rebuild as required which, to be honest, I'll probably enjoy doing - I love doing carpentry!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back