Garden Tree/Garage Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have uploaded a couple of photos of my small garden to http://imgur.com/a/yX0Vn .

When I bought this place recently, the survey said that the garage was having structural issues due to the tree next to it. The tree is pretty tall and I'm also a bit worried that the roots will be damaging next door's garage too.

I am on a limited budget, so was wondering on the best method to deal with this problem. From research, it seems that removing the garage is very expensive (plus how it will affect the resale value of the property), but I wasn't sure if I could remove the tree myself or would I need to get a tree surgeon? Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Hard to say when it's in full leaf but it doesn't look too big

You could trim off all the branches first, Either with a bow saw/big loppers or a chain saw
Tying a branch off to one close by stops big bits of wood flying all over the shop

Then reduce the trunk slice by slice, be aware that trunks are bloody heavy so again ty the cut bit off so you can control where it falls

Then you have to dispose of it all

Once done poison the root and dig it out

You mention that you are on a limited budget. I would still get some quotes from local tree surgeons it might be cheaper than you think to have the tree cut down. If you go down the diy route don't forget goggles, gloves and head protection before you start.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back