Garden wall advice please

I should also have said it would be sensible to use engineering brick (class A or B) up to 150mm above ground to act as DPC, although not essential if you are not planning to render the wall.

Thanks again for the information.

Would it also be an option to use a trench fill foundation shuttered above ground level or alternatively use high density blocks below ground level up to 150mm or install a DPC above ground level?
Best option would be to use a couple of courses of slate in a 1:3 mortar to act as a DPC. That way you can use blocks below. A Visqueen type DPC is not suitable as it will create a weak point in the wall, although, if you are not planning to render it, then really there is no need to worry about a DPC at all.

That's great, Thanks again you have been really helpful. I'll probably install the slate just in case I decide to plaster the wall later on.

Does it have to be natural slate or is fibre slate okay to use?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back