Garden wall falling over

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The garden wall at the outlaws house (see picture) is bowed quite badly. It has been like this for a few years. Have been asked to fix it, but want to know if I'm taking on too big a job.

My plan is to take a row or bricks off one at a time and dig out the soil behind, put some weep holes at or near the bottom rebuild the wall and then fill it back up.

Am I being a bit too simplistic with this? My fear is the wall might collapse as I'm taking it down or the garden itself will slip whilst the wall is being rebuilt.

The wall is quite high about 6 ft at the bottom step the section that's bowing out is about 4ft in length.

Essentially I need to know if this is a 'don't touch it with a barge pole' kind of job for a DIYer or a 'If you're methodical enough it'll be fine' kind of thing.

Thoughts appreciated.

Sponsored Links
it'll be fun trying to get them back in order... use a paint marker on the rear of each brick as you remove it and try to keep them in a logical order..

dig out first, if the wall goes you'll be on the grass bit rather that stood in the gap if the ground gives way on top of you..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back