Garden WET WET WET....

MasterAbacus said:
do_it_yourself said:
MasterAbacus said:
breezer said:
ask them how often they fill up their pond, pond owners do not like leaks

Id say they fill the pond at least once every few weeks.... well thats how often i hear thier hose pipe on in that area of the garden....

I think youve found your answer, they shouldnt really need to fill it up that often. They must have a leak that has natually found its soakaway into your side of the garden. Nothing you can do about it really, except ask them to re-dig and relay their pond. My advice to you would be to create your own pond and surround it with you trees/shrubs.

Otherwise you have to create a soakaway yourself, not an easy job and quite messy.

Water needs to go somewhere, it doesnt dry up, it just trickles down through the earth.

Ok, well I will await what the Waterman says, But surely if thier pond leaks water onto my land, is that not tresspass????

I'm not too sure what the legalities are as it seems to be happening underground. You would need to weigh up cost of a legal bill V creating a solution which IMO would be cheaper and better to do. Why not put it through home insurance.

Sponsored Links
Another Update....

Its not a Burst pipe.... the nearest pipework or drains is about 8 meters from this location....

The Water board have been and checked.... everything fine from thier end....

The water is Defo coming from this pond....

MasterAbacus said:
JohnD said:
dig out your hole and install a pump, see if their bog garden dries out.

Id love to do that... but do you think its really worth all that work?... and expense to find out if that is the problem.?

I was actually thinking that it would give then the impetus to mend their leaking pond.

As things stand, they probably think they haven't got a problem, so see no reason to do anything about it. They may not even believe you if you assert that their leakage is causing you a problem.

You mention that the wet area is near your house, I am sure it will not be doing the house any good.

One of my relatives had some very expensive rebuilding work necessitated by subsidence caused by a long-term water leak.

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
MasterAbacus said:
JohnD said:
dig out your hole and install a pump, see if their bog garden dries out.

Id love to do that... but do you think its really worth all that work?... and expense to find out if that is the problem.?

I was actually thinking that it would give then the impetus to mend their leaking pond.

As things stand, they probably think they haven't got a problem, so see no reason to do anything about it. They may not even believe you if you assert that their leakage is causing you a problem.

You mention that the wet area is near your house, I am sure it will not be doing the house any good.

One of my relatives had some very expensive rebuilding work necessitated by subsidence caused by a long-term water leak.

Now I dont want no expensive works doing to the house.... To be fair the bloke from water company said i should hold off digging out the rest of the rubble as that will then help the flow of water towards our house....

So i guess its try the nice softly softly aproach tonight with the neighbours, and see what happens....

im sure they might do something once they realise ill be sending them a bill for damge to house if it gets that far.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back