Garden wooden planters help needed

Its entirely possible to use a spray gun rather than a brush, but the overspray may go where you don't want it so care is needed for that one - as is not inhaling any spray! Water based compounds are safer than the earlier solvent ones (although not as good) but the vapour isn't pleasant.
Cheap electric spray guns are available for around the £30 mark.
Allow 2- 3 days for the product to dry (depends on temperature really, and how much you've put on). There product will be surface dry by then.
Its a reasonable idea to stand the planter feet on small pieces of slate if you have any, just to prevent the feet from being continuously wet.
John :)

Sponsored Links
freddymercurystwin and ceres should understand that some are fortunate to know more than others but not everyone knows everything.

My circumstances are not much different from yours. I wasn't born with the knowledge you think I'm 'fortunate' enough to know and I'm not trained as a professional either.

I'll leave you to Burnerman's tlc.

Its entirely possible to use a spray gun rather than a brush, but the overspray may go where you don't want it so care is needed for that one - as is not inhaling any spray! Water based compounds are safer than the earlier solvent ones (although not as good) but the vapour isn't pleasant.
Cheap electric spray guns are available for around the £30 mark.
Allow 2- 3 days for the product to dry (depends on temperature really, and how much you've put on). There product will be surface dry by then.
Its a reasonable idea to stand the planter feet on small pieces of slate if you have any, just to prevent the feet from being continuously wet.
John :)

Thanks Burnerman for a terrific reply.

mygoose

Sponsored Links
Well now I just feel embarrassed. As I type I am sat on my naughty step. I promise never to upset anyone else on DIYnot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back