Looking for some advice for making a mosaic garden planter??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i have some leftover tiles from a couple of diy projects and also a couple of sturdy long drawers left from an old sideboard i just took to the tip. I want to use the drawers and cover them in a mosaic tile effect to use as garden planters but can someone tell me what exactly I will need to to do this? Do i need special tile adhesive/glue, does it have to be waterproof, does the grout have to be certain grout etc?

Any help with this would be great as I want to try this in the upcoming week please. Thanks in advance! :D

Sponsored Links
Unless the wood is treated ie made for use outside or in a damp environment then forget it. What are these drawers made from?

Hi all, i have some leftover tiles from a couple of diy projects and also a couple of sturdy long drawers left from an old sideboard i just took to the tip. I want to use the drawers and cover them in a mosaic tile effect to use as garden planters but can someone tell me what exactly I will need to to do this? Do i need special tile adhesive/glue, does it have to be waterproof, does the grout have to be certain grout etc?

Any help with this would be great as I want to try this in the upcoming week please. Thanks in advance! :D

Google for "pique assiette" for tips on design and technique. But you'd be better off doing it on terracotta pots or planters; anything made of wood will expand and contract, causing the tiles to fall off, and will then rot.

When I've done this I've used a cement-based floor tile adhesive.

Cheers
Richard

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back