gardening help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I have a front garden and it is really uneven and high in the middle!!

The last owner raised the middle by about 3inch compard to the rest of the garden. and all round the sides planted treees and when left pulled them up so i have holes everywhere!!!

when they pulled the trees out it damaged the fence so Im putting new fencing all the way round but dont want to put the new fencing up and it would off been easyer to sort garden out with no fence around

what is the best way to level the front garden so its flat??

I was thinking about starting from fresh get rid of the grass make it level and re-seed?? is this a good idea or not??

any suggestions??

Sponsored Links
95213.jpg

Sponsored Links
how big is it? 3 inch is very little. Depends on how hard you want to work.

Easy option hire a turf cutter and rotovater, strip the sod then rotovate to break it up and level with rakes and straight edge. Re-seed or re-turf. If its only high in spots strip the turf in those areas and fork it and rake it level and re-lay the turf

Hard option spray with round-up leave for 2 weeks then fork the whole lot over and rake for ages to break it up and rake out the dead grass. Re-seed or re-turf

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back