GARDTEC 370

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a Gardtec 370 system installed in my house some 9 yrs ago. I've never had a problem with it. However, today we've had a power cut, the alarm activated, and there was no way of switching the damn thing off. The RKP showed 'PC', but wouldn't respond to the code with I normally input. I'm sure that I've had power cuts before, but I've never had this problem.

Any suggestions, (bearing in mind I'm very much at 'user' level and not 'installer' level)

thx

John

Sponsored Links
PC = Power Cut, either you have lost power to the alarm panel, or it's internal supply has failed. When this happens the alarm panel's internal battery will operate the system for a time (not long, if at all if the battery is old), then when that is discharged, there will be no voltage at the sounder, which will "go off" operated by another battery inside the sounder box designed to operate if someone cuts the wire to it. It's self contained and has no connection to the keypad, so you won't stop it with the keypad.

You need to find the cause of the power cut fuse/mcb etc., and restore power.

BTW, there is a separate forum for alarms, you might get more help there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back