Gardtec 500 intruder alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gardtec 500 intruder alarm :- I had to quickly dismantle the power supply. I took off the connections to the transformer (T1015 D ) and the battery ones but they are no problem) now I don't know which pins the brown and blue 250V inputs connect two nor the two orange output wires. Can anyone help.

DAve D

Sponsored Links
Be very careful , you are obviously out of your depth..please get someone competent to ensure that the incoming wires are dead.The incoming mains follow normal convention , brown to the connector with a fuse...the 2 orange go to the circuit board , 2 terms marked AC or similar.
But ..please get someone competent to do this.

I am horribly cautious which is why everything takes me such a long time and have the 3A fuse out of the incoming 240 V supply cables when I do anything, I just need to know the way the transformer is connected.

Thanks for the reply

DAve d

The transformer output is AC , so its not important which way round they go.Just look for the 2 terms marked AC.

Sponsored Links
There are four numbered terminals to the transformer but no other indication, There is a paper sticker with TE1015 D T.H.L. and a date and 240 AC on it but when I look up this transformer it clearly isn't the right one. I want to get the transformer back on before I call out an alarm setter upper. There are only four wired connections, two orange leads, a brown one and a blue one ( being the 240V input) However whichever way I connect up I can't find a lower voltage output. The 200mA fuse blows if I connect the input to the terminals on the transformer which have a resistance from one to the other. I need someone to look in their system and see, if with the large 240V sticker at the front where the two orange and input connectors are placed.

( I don't take risks which is probably why I have never got on at work despite having a degree and working in the semiconductor processing industry for 30 years, so don't be concerned).

DAve1d

As you say , the brown and blue are the 230 vAC inputs and the orange pair are the AC outputs ( to the PCB ) the reading on these should be about 18 vAC.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back