Gardtec 500 Alarm Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a Gardtec 500 alarm installed which is now at least 10 years old. This morning the alarm started sounding and when looking at the panel it displayed a letter E which in the manual advises a fault with the entry/exit zone. The panel was completely unresponsive to any codes entered so I proceeded to follow the factory reset procedure by disconnecting the mains supply and battery then removing the pcb from next to the anti tamper switch. Once powered back on the alarm was in the same state, letter E displayed on the display. The external siren eventually switched off by itself but the internal panel makes more of a loud buzzing noise then a siren noise. I have currently left the panel with the mains and battery disconnected as this is the only way to stop it making the loud buzzing noise. I assume the unit is completely dead ? I am going to try and remove the sensors for the Entry/Exit zones but I assume this isn't the true cause ?

Sponsored Links
Look at the other post you made on the other website the answer is there.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Haven't I just seen this exact question asked elsewhere, copy paste comes to mind.

I thought I saw the answer as well.

Why ask a question, get the answer, and then go off and ask it again somewhere else?

I know, it wasn't the answer wanted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back