Set a Galaxy 500 system correctly

Hi GalaxyGuy and others

Apologies I didn't see you'd posted at #11 so didn't mean to seem ignorant. You've all given me food for thought so really, thanks again.

No worries. Hopefully, if you follow the instructions, you'll get your system sorted out.

Sponsored Links
Hiya

The following are in 53 PROGRAM OUTPUTS:-

1001 BELLS L
POS
---------------------------
01=BELLS

1002 STROBE L
POS
02=STROBE

1003 PA L
POS
03=PA

1004 RESET L
POS
07=RESET

1021 BELLS L
POS
01=BELLS

1022 STROBE L
POS
02=STROBE

1023 PA L
POS
03=PA

1024 RESET L
POS
07=RESET

_*99 E/E HORN L
POS
18=E/E HORN

_*10 E/E HORN L
POS
18=E/E HORN

_*20 E/E HORN L
POS
18=E/E HORN

_*30 E/E HORN L
POS
18=E/E HORN

Each output function had a letter L after its description
The output mode of each function is set to LATCH
Groups are disabled as in option 63

Any ideas?

Is that within a metal box about a foot square by two inches deep? Would any tampering be detected if I opened it?

Sponsored Links
I have to ask because everyone I get into engineers mode the alarm rings for a couple of seconds, thus alerting my neighbours. If I open that box I mentioned would some kind of tampering alarm go off or next time the alarm is set anyway?

When you are entering engineering mode, it should only be the internal sounders that warn that someone is entering that mode. Entering the engineering code a second time silences the internal sounders and allows you to continue in engineering mode. In engineering mode, the system tampers are ignored, allowing you to open the panel enclosure. Please be aware that there are mains voltages present inside the enclosure, so if you are not technically competent, then it's best to get someone else to resolve your systems issues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back