Pyronix enforcer PIR going off when exiting house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys after 5 months of no issues with my Pyronix enforcer,
randomly the other day both on enter and then today on exit the PIR in the hall (set as Entry Route as I only have one area set as A) went off when I set alarm via the panel and open/closed the door (Final Door)

Set up as follows:

Only 1 area set as A
PIR Landing set as Intruder for A
PIR lounge set as Intruder for A
PIR dining set as Entry route A - as it sees person entering Hall also.
PIR Hall set as Entry Route for A
Back door contact set as Intruder for A
Patio door contact/shock set as Intruder for A
Front door contact set as Final door for A

The exit timer is set to 30 secs but it’s set as Final door on site options so I press the code and wait for A to come on then press tick, open and the close the front door and after 10 secs the hall PIR had set the alarm off?

I then redid the procedure and all of ok? So I don’t know if it’s just the PIR playing up?

All help and guidance appreciated!

Merry Christmas more importantly!

A

Sponsored Links
Hi, just to add, I have more or less the same setup. In the past 9 months I have had this happen twice, I shut the door and as I walk to my car, the alarm has gone off, triggered by the Hall PIR.

Never been able to figure out what caused it. Hasn't happened now for a couple months.

was going to ask whats in the log, that's should give an idea of starting the set and set fail so you could rule out exit settle time???

nothing changed??

Sponsored Links
Hi, just to add, I have more or less the same setup. In the past 9 months I have had this happen twice, I shut the door and as I walk to my car, the alarm has gone off, triggered by the Hall PIR.

Never been able to figure out what caused it. Hasn't happened now for a couple months.

Oh wow, snap, ok so firstly Happy New year to all!
Thus far its been ok, I have left the settle time to default but may increase this and see what happens...

was going to ask whats in the log, that's should give an idea of starting the set and set fail so you could rule out exit settle time???

nothing changed??
I could not see anything obvious in the log other that Hall PIR sensor has activated an alarm. Will keep an eye on it now and as Sparky suggests look at settle time and of course a potentially defective PIR.

well if you look at exit settle time, look at when you start arming, all the way up to alarm being activated what does it say???

well if you look at exit settle time, look at when you start arming, all the way up to alarm being activated what does it say???

I checked this last night, looked ok, from the time the arming starts, i.e. Final Exit to the Hall PIR going off was 2 seconds.

And also I this had happened when I also entered the property the previous day on entry with a delay of 30 secs (hall PIR set to 06. Entry Route of course)

I will keep an eye and I get the feeling it could be a faulty PIR...

Thanks guys for all your help!
A

The default value is 5 so I normally stick with the default values.

Whats the PIR programmed up as?

Just checked the manual (v10) and an old (V9.13) demo unit and 06 is showing as intruder, 8 entry route, etc etc

The default value is 5 so I normally stick with the default values.

Whats the PIR programmed up as?

Just checked the manual (v10) and an old (V9.13) demo unit and 06 is showing as intruder, 8 entry route, etc etc

The Hall PIR is set as 08. Entry Route, so far been over 3 weeks and no issues... lets see how it goes!

Thanks to all for help and support thus far.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back