Gardtec - help resetting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I am really hoping someone can help.

I am in a rented property, and whilst the landlord is lovely - not so good with tech stuff, hence me turning to this forum.

The alarm system is a Gardtec - not quite sure which model though. I've taken the cover off the control panel and it has a number PR2944 REV2.0 but having looked at the manuals online it kinda looks like the 300 model.

Anyhow, the main control panel is upstairs in the airing cupboard, and an extra keypad is by the front door. I wanted to be able to set the alarm from upstairs and move upstairs freely but have the alarm activated for downstairs (female in house on own....scaredy pants!!). I tried to set the alarm and it went off as I had activated zone 7.

Now the panel is saying AL - I have read the manual for the 300 model and it states to press No to see the last log (does say 7 when I press No), but it says press 0 to escape to Lo and 0 again to esape to Un (which is what I want to get to).....but pressing 0 is doing nothing and AL is still displayed.

If I mess around too much, Cb is displayed (Control Box or Key Press Tamper apparently!), and an intermittent beeping sounds until I key in the code, it then goes back to AL.

Can anyone help me reset this...I'm going out of my mind with it!!

(Sorry about the essay - just thought too much info is better than too little)

Sponsored Links
The early Gardtecs have always been a nightmare to operate. Once you get stuck in the programming you usually have to press YES to get out.

It's the landlords responsibility - tell him to sort it.

With the display showing AL, enter your code, press Yes. The system should start setting. Enter your code again to stop it setting. It should now return to Un.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back