Gardtec panel problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the 593 and it has just started not setting.

When exiting the continuous tone is heard (after the exit is closed) but it just stays continuos tone, does not stop and set....
Display shows "exit now". When the exit is triggered it starts to beep again, and when secured, continuos tome again, but will not stop no matter how long it's left.

Any suggestions?

Ant.

Sponsored Links
i have top ask, have you changed anything?

is there a button outside to press? (to confirm you are outside)

it sounds like the exit time has changed

do you know the engineers code?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. There is no button, its a mag switch on the exit/entry door. When the door is closed the tone changes to continuos tone so I know that is okay.

I thought it looked like the exit time had changed also, but I looked (have the engineer code) and its set for 3 seconds after exit.

I have left it though for a long time >3mins to see if it eventually does set, but it does not.

The only thing that has changed is I've fitted a new outside bell box, but I have tried arming without this connected and it still does not set...

I'm beginning to think the 593 panel may be faulty....?

Ant.

Sponsored Links
That's what I thought but have run out of ideas - everything 'looks' fine.

been through all the settings I can think of too, unless you know of any i should double check - there are a lot on the Gardtec...

Well if you haven't got an engineers manual what's the point? If you have - it tells you in there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back