Garge Ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 1920's house with an integral garage and bathroom above. I want to put a small hatch in the garage ceiling to access a shower trap in the bathroom. The existing ceiling is plaster on expanded metal, ie non combustible. Presumably making a hatch cover out of plywood is not ok. I'm thinking it has to be made from something fire resistant.

Any advice on what material to use would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
It might be worth getting something made by Promat UK,they deal specifically with the Fire Protection side of the building industry and do quite an assortment of fire resistant boards,you can get it from insulation suppliers or maybe even direct from Promat UK,as it will only be a small bit you want,failing that,if you pm me I can give you the address of a fire protection company who may send some out to you.
Web address is....

http://www.promat.co.uk/fp-products.htm

Hope this helps
Cheers
SD Carps

SD Carps - sorry for the delay in acknowledging your post - I've been away from home recently. Your advice much appreciated. I've found some fire resistant boarding at my local builders merchants, but thanks for the web address anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back