Gas Boiler Flue install question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking for some advice regarding a gas boiler Flue.

Currently the flue has been sealed around it's self (looks like cement or similar)/to the hole in the wall on the inside, but does not have any sort of seal or cover on the inside, around the pipe. Fitted 7 or 8 years ago.

Having just had a chap round to fit smart meters he's signed his work of but noted the absence of any seal/cover on the inside wall. Seems a little odd to me something that would be more ascetics than functions, given the wall is sealed ( I hat though he had meant there is not seal around it on the internal wall but having just had a look it is certainly sealed pipe to internal wall). Is this a new(ish) reg. or has he not looked properly at it?

Also if it is something that needs attention, what is the part called and are the options that are split to fit around an installed flue pipe (seems more of an issue to me to remove the pipe to put a collar etc over it).

Thanks for any insight.

Regards,

matt

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Seems a little odd to me something that would be more ascetics than functions, given the wall is sealed
Yes, more to cover unsightly finishes/gaps. If it sealed then it's fine, that's all it needs.

Just another example of poorly trained meter installer not understanding what is required and acceptable or poor eyesight ;)

Thanks for the replies.

He wrote it up as a warning or something with his sign off for the gas meter work... (I need to dig it out to check really), so not something I need to worry about then, just poor eyesight/lack of attention?

Cheers,

matt

Sponsored Links
He wrote it up as a warning or something with his sign off for the gas meter work... (I need to dig it out to check really)
Yes, dig it out. A warning for what exactly? It’s more a defect and not to current standards (ncs).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back