Gas Central Heating problem.

fws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning.

Wondering if anyone here can help

The central heating in the house is not working properly, Only 2 radaitors in my house are working, all the rest are stone cold.
I have noticed when the heating comes on the main burners on the boiler (baxi solo wm 40/4 rs) come on but only stay on for a couple of minutes at most, i can hear a clunking noise as its trying to work, could there be a build up of sludge in the system somewhere ?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
This is a conversation you need to have with a contractor local to you. What I would charge in Surrey will not be the same.

Sponsored Links
Prices for a decent pump (Grundfos) won't vary that much across the country, but what does vary is the labour rates and dare I say it, skill levels of some operatives.
A pump change can be done in 30 mins, but can take twice that if the valves don't shut off. Anywhere between £150-£200 would be my estimate.

It sounds very likely that you have sludge in your system.

Obviously you are not in the habit of getting your boiler serviced regularly and dont even seem to know a local engineer.

Far better to have it serviced anually and build up a raport with a local engineer.

Tony

I got my boiler serviced about 16 months ago.
As i am new to the area i live i don't really know any heating engineers and the one that carried out the service i wasn't sure about tbh.

If it was sludge in the system would it stop 8 radiators from not working ?
The 2 that are working could be down to gravity

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back