Please Help no central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi Solo Boiler, this morning when i got up the central heating was not working. Though the pilot light stays on, the burner does not ignite. I have had an electrician look at it and he says it is not electrical. Any input would be much appreciated, thanks :

Sponsored Links
Didn't that happen yesterday as well?

Sorry. ;)

More info required please:

Get your brother (electrician) to test to see if there is power at the boiler when the heating/water is switched on.

That should narrow it down a bit.

Better still PHONE A HEATING ENGINEER, its going to be bloody cold this weekend and if you don't get it fixed you're going to freeze, not to mention the burst pipes etc etc etc.

Although the answers on this forum are very good, don't rely on it to solve your problem quickly. Open that purse and let the moths fly out. ;)

There is power at the boiler when the heating/water is switched on and i have phoned a heating engineer he coming monday just thought i would be armed with some info when he turns up

Sponsored Links
The only information that you need to let him know are the symptoms as you see them, let him make the diagnosis.

Yes get some opinions, but if you really want to annoy a trades person, try to tell them their job, or take the 'so-and-so says its the widget thats gone wrong' Don't forget he will be infront of the thing, we are not.

I hope its fixed Monday, wear lots of jumpers in the mean time, here's hoping one of the expert posters will have the answer before then.

Need to know the exact model.

Sealed system or open vented.

May just need resetting.

Its a baxi solo wm 50/4 rs i have no manuals only bought house in summer also not sure what a Sealed system or open vented is sorry

Ok, lets assume you have an open vented system and you are fully pumped and not on gravity hot water.

Take off the lower control panel and see if the overheat stat has tripped, it is on the left side of the boiler just to the right of the boiler control thermostat,
it is red and shaped like this +. Just push in to reset.

Also assuming all your controls are calling for heat and you are correct about
electrical test.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back