No pilot light after draining central heating?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I drained the central heating system to move a radiator and remove a couple of others to decorate. Replaced them all, cleaned out all the sludge that was in the feeder tank, closed all the breed valves, turned the water feed back on, bled down stairs, bled down stairs and then turned the controls back on. The pump started and the boiler is making a noise (presumably the fan) but the pilot isn't lighting. I tried igniting it with the push button but that didn't do anything either. Then realise I hadn't turned the gas back on, duh, so did that but same result, no pilot light.

Read a few forums about air locks, is that a likely to be it?

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks in advance Joe

PS. its a Baxi Solo WM 50/4 RS

Sponsored Links
Lighting the pilot on these can be tricky if your not used to the method.

There is a gas control knob with 3 positions. Put it into position 2. Push and hold it in and press the seperate piezo ignitor button. ( it may need many sparks to ignite) once the pilot is lit keep the control knob pushed in for 20 secs. The pilot should then stay lit when you let the control knob go. Then you need to turn the knob to position 3.

Its in the manual if you have it

Edit: the boiler may have electronic ignition. If it does the overheat stat may have triggered

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back