gas central heating regulations help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi im looking for good info/links for newly instaled gas central heating regulations.

for example im needing to know the maximum a gas metre can be installed from the point on the gas mains pipe entrance.

also how far can a gas boiler be place (piped/vented)to a (exit)external wall(to outside).

i belive the boiler is fan powered or somthing ??
thanks

Sponsored Links
Alarms bells are ringing. :eek:

Why do you ask these questions?

boiler and gas metre have been placed on a external wall in kitchen with vent going out at the back of the boiler so to speak,close to the ajoining wall ,
the way it has been placed i cannot enclose it in a kitchen cupboard,i would like to have it moved to wall beside it and enclose it in a cupbord
idealy about 4 metres from is exsiting position along with the gas meter,
i do know i would need a corgie and gas company to move the boiler and meter.

it would have to be vented/piped out the origonal placement hole in the kitchen if possible.

thanks

You need to get a local RGI in to advise to your exact requirements.

Sponsored Links
gasnewbie";p="809673 said:
hi im looking for good info/links for newly instaled gas central heating regulations.

You`ll find all the gas regs you need when you do your gas course, I`d probably try & find a course on `` How to string together a sentence & basic spelling`` before embarking on your gas career though, otherwise you may fail the Gas induction test when, at the top of the page it states:

Please enter your name.

Sorry, I think I have just realised, that you are not actually contemplating a gas career but merely seeking advice as a `newbie asking a gas related question`.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back