Gas combi pressure query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've noticed over the last couple of days that in the evening, our boiler pressure drops to around 1bar but then in the morning it hits about 3.

I first noticed this after I noticed it low one evening and refilled back to just over 1, but then the following morning it was on 3. To confirm this I checked this morning and it was on 3 just after the heating had kicked in and radiator temperature was around 63 so I lowered it back down to 58.

I came home this evening and the radiators have been on again but the pressure was back to just over 1 and the radiator temperature is around 44 degrees.

I'm curious if this is normal or if I have a fault.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Your expansion vessel isn't doing what it's supposed to if system pressure rises to 3 bar when heating is on ,and drops to 1 bar when system is cold.

Sponsored Links
Yes. The EV may just need to be recharged ,or if it has failed completely would need replacing

Ok thanks. Just noticed the heating has just kicked in again and it went upto just under 3 then dropped back to 2.

Odd because had I not randomly opened the cover the other day to have a look I wouldn't have known as we have no other issues that I'm away of

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back