Gas connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this goes in here or appliance but hopefully all the Gas bods can give me some advice.
Iv just bought a house with part fitted kitchen and the gas hob is not connected. There is a compression gas valve with few soldered joints then a connector which I think is a compression straight female connector 1/2inch.
Can someone tell me if this is the right setup, I assumed there would be a washer of some kind in the joint or do they use something else? and what a corgi man will charge(Just rough idea so I can get a reasonable price) to connect it up?

[/img]

Sponsored Links
most hobs come with a 1/2'' MI thread. so as you said 1/2 FI to join to the copper.

if the hob is already in place/fixed then an hours labour should be enough.

most are 1/2 like u say but i went to one the other week which was a quarter and had sod all on the van :evil: :evil:

and as for washers then yes most have flat washers on the elbow attached to the hob..i always use paste aswell then jobs a gud un :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back