Connect tap to pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My taps came with female 1/2 connector. I didn't really know how to connect this to my pipe, so I bought a female to male adapter with a compression joint on one end. I wrapped the threads in PTFE, and have no leaks from this joint.

However this is brass and I'm trying to connect it to my push fit system plastic PEX pipe. I put in a pipe insert into the plastic pipe, hooked it up, tightened the compression fitting as usual, but it just won't seal and has a tiny drip.

Any advice on how to seal this or advice on an alternative fitting I can use.

Sponsored Links
Yup, I already put an insert it.

Ok cool, I'll swap the olive and see how that goes. Thanks

Use a softer copper olive as suggested, make sure you use the correct insert. Do not use any jointing paste, PTFE tape over the olive if leak persists

Sponsored Links
I'll have to see when I turn the water back on, but I believe it was around the bit where the plastic pipe was inserted.

I bought some copper olives, so I'll hook it back up this evening and report back.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back