gas fire burning low

:eek:

Do you have openable windows.

If answer is yes, when fire is turned on shove head out side and breath fresh air coz i,m sure you aint checked any gas pressure or gas rate ect, so cannot determine if fire is working safely.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Just incase you were not aware, faulty , badly or illegaly installed fuel burning appliances can give off carbon monoxide, but reading your post I asume you dont care a dam.

You may soon be another statistic that HSE can inform us about. RIP :evil:

Sponsored Links
Goofy - you might think it's all OK now but face it, you haven't a clue what else might be wrong with this fire.
The installer obviously had no knowledge at all. That thing was, and may still be, pumping carbion monoxide into the room. You can't see it, or smell it, and if you wait until you feel a bit groggy, any exertion makes you collapse, and you can't move. Then you stop breathing.
For your family's sake get a corgi in to do proper tests to see that it has been installed properly, and that it's running properly.
How sick will you feel if someone dies?

Although i answered it looks like a wind up says just the right things to get a bite

Sponsored Links
Seriously is this a bad joke?

GAS FIRES, THEY WILL KILL YOU IF THERE NOT INSTALLED CORRECTLY

Your Friend that knows what he's doing, did he check the flue? do a spillage test, what's the pressure at the appliance?

Do you have children? because i don't understand why people think its ok to install there own gas fires or get a mate that knows, yet wont change a tap washer or a rad valve.

As an un-commissioned appliance this is illegal!!! regardless of HSE on DIY Gas by the way the fire was left this is un-commissioned and thus should be given a WAN!

Here is a present for your gas fire until its been correctly installed

http://www.toolstation.com/images/library/stock/webbig/69659.jpg

Do yourself a favour and disconnect it!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back