gas fire burning low

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys....just had a gas fire installed, when its fully on level 4 setting, the end two plates are burning fine as in the picture, yet the middle two plates are low and hardely get hot, when i lower the setting to say, level 2, the end end two are off as expected, yet the middle two burn very low as before.....is this normal ?...there are no leaks and installation is excellent....does the fire need a service or something...?......its a flavel regent gas fire....any advice plaese...ta

DSC00060.jpg

Sponsored Links
I suggest you call back the installer!

It sounds as if one of the jets is partially blocked or even the wrong size!

With the questionable quality control on some gas fires nothing would surprise me!

Tony

....just had a gas fire installed,
does the fire need a service or something...?.......

Why would you want a service on a fire just installed?
Get the installer back and get him to check it out, that is if the installation was garried ot by registered installer.

HI

sorry i will try to be polite but did you fit the gas fire yourself ?

Sponsored Links
is the fire brand new, can't really tell from the pic, if it is second hand the injector or burner could be blocked, if the fire is transported from one house to another it could have dislodged dirt, if the fire was lying on its back getting transported, years ago we used to do decants for renovations and quite often had to "service" the fire when we refitted back into the house

hi guys...the fire was installed by a freind who is not corgi registered, although he know s what he is doing...ill give him a call back....cheers

Hmmm If he knew what he was doing, then surly the fire would have been left working correctly...No??

looks like a flavel regent or a rebadgedd one does it have bit of glass in front off radiants at the top , injector is blocked but you need to get someone out who has a clue

10m of 10mm pipe ring a bell :LOL:

Think the Corgi gezzer could check it out :cool:

Fire is (am almost certain) old. Has never seen a service. Hence the lack of heat output

I hope the guy who fitted it checked the chimney and carried out spillage test.

I would suggest you do not use the fire until a competent person has checked the fire out. Fire can KILL YOU, so make sure it is working correctly. Picture would suggest it is not.

Not if middle two are still same when its only those two on, its blocked or wrong size injector or at worst tap barrell blocked with grease or not drilled out properly

Thats in reply to length of run

Fire is (am almost certain) old. Has never seen a service. Hence the lack of heat output

I hope the guy who fitted it checked the chimney and carried out spillage test.

I would suggest you do not use the fire until a competent person has checked the fire out. Fire can KILL YOU, so make sure it is working correctly. Picture would suggest it is not.

You can see the flames and run Dan, its the CO I would be more worried about :eek:

all soretd, burning like a new fire fire....injectors were blocked...done it myself, 15mm spanner...loosen the the connection to the injector...took it to my mates tyre place....used compressed air to blow out all the crap....refitted...job done....thanks guys...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back