Gas fire change to Solid fuel stove

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I presently use gas to fuel my central heating and outset gas fire. I want to change to solid fuel in another room and read that relining the victorian chimney would be best (massive flue run).
Although as you can imagine if there were any holes into the building fabric we would have been made ill or even killed by any CO by now!
Yes, I know professionally advice can only be given "to the letter" because its best practice. But if there is no problem found and our gas CH has not been condemed then having dirty old smoke going up chimney might be even safer (without relining).

Sponsored Links
you need to test your flue with a smoke pellet,and make sure none of the smoke leaks into you property,including in your loft,also make sure you check that when the smoke comes out of the top it only comes out of one pot,this will prove the integrity of your flue,and it will prove free flow,it is always a good idea to have your chimney swept

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back