Gas Fire Flues - which Trader is Correct ?

Why are you so keen on a gas fire?

I presume you have central heating?

If so, then if you must have a fire then why not get an electric? Fraction of the cost and 100% efficient.

Sponsored Links

If so, then if you must have a fire then why not get an electric? Fraction of the cost and 100% efficient.

I was thinking along same lines Tony! Gas fires are a bit like saniflos! Do you really need one that bad?

well the cost this guy is going to be paying he better like the fire:ROFLMAO:

Right, we mainly use the gas fire around this time and spring when its in between full central heating on.
Think we have just gotten used to having it on low, more for 'effect' than actual heat.

Electric does seem like the easier option, though not sure about the noise from the blowers, seems there is still the odd radiant type around; going to have a look today.

Sponsored Links
well the cost this guy is going to be paying he better like the fire:ROFLMAO:

The scariest thing, mainly amongst the older generation, is the state of some of the installs that are in homes I visit for other jobs and I catch a glance of, as I pass the front/back room doors... they never have anyone attend to them because they know they'll be condemned! It's a wonder they're still alive! :eek:

a very large number of people don't get their fire serviced even when advised:rolleyes:

a very large number of people don't get their fire serviced even when advised:rolleyes:

"But it's been ever so good deary! Never given us any problems and it's lovely and cosy when the nights draw in and we close all the windows and doors and fall asleep in front of the telly" :eek:o_O:confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back