Gas fire not staying alight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Glow-worm FlickerFlame gas fire in the lounge.

It ignites OK when you hold the gas knob down at number 1 on the dial but after you wait 10 - 20 seconds and then try to turn the heat up to 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 the flame goes out! :(

Any idea to the cause as to why it will not hold the flame when i turn the dial up? And is it fixable?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
bump!

it's cold here. Any help would be appreciated. I do not have much cash to pay unnecessary callouts to gas fitters. Thanks so much.

Believe it or not, it is the gas fitters who are being charitable answering posts like yours.

Sponsored Links
worked out alright then....dont feel robbed....good, i'm glad....we are not all bad lads out there.

"""to pay unnecessary callouts to gas fitters"""

This was clearly a necessary callout and the price charged seems very reasonable to me as it includes parts and labour!

Tony

£58 fittedhat more do you want for that the room re decorating? I know get a new carpet out of him.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back