Gas Fire Pit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We're in the middle of planning a garden redesign, and we're thinking of having some decking with seating around a gas fire pit (design in the sketchup pic below - thanks to freddymercurystwin & AronSearle for recommending Sketchup in reply to a post last August).

View media item 92021
I'm having some trouble finding Gas Fire Pit information, places that sell them, installation details etc, in the UK - they seem to be a bigger thing in the US.

Does anyone have any experience with Gas (Propane) Fire Pits? I'm thinking that we'd have the gas bottle in the corner of the seating area, (in the corner raised square in the pic), then use a tube under the decking to the actual fire pit. Whats the best type of tubing to use? Standard propane gas rubber tube tends to perish, so I was thinking flexi copper tubing, if it's safe. I'd build the raised pit out of stone bricks, then install the fire pit burner into that, and cover with fire pit glass. However I can only find 1 place that sells the fire pit kits (gardenitems.co.uk) so would like to know if anyone knows of anywhere else? Also, the firepit glass only seems to be on sale in the US, not sure why, does anyone know if it's available in the UK?

If anyone has any recommendations, experience, hits and/or tips, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks

Ben

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back