DIY Fire pit table similar to this....

a chiminea

Good choice. The chimney takes he smoke above the heads of the people, so radient warmth all round.

Only downside ( as found by a couple of people who use have them) if it starts to rain when the chiminea is very hot there is a risk of the thing cracking when cold water hit the very hot chiminea.

Sponsored Links
Would it crack even if I went for steel version?

Also I was wondering if I can get one which:

1. Has a 360 degrees view, so that it can be placed in the middle for everyone to view?

2. Runs on Gas.

A washing machine drum can make a nice looking 360degree fire. Even more so if you could put some legs under it.

I had a nice little fire in one but got carried away as usual, I was burning all sorts of random wood and some pieces were too big for it.

IMG_0593.JPG

IMG_0595.JPG

With less beer it could have kept nice and neat.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies bernardgreen and angleboy.

I've been taking your advice seriously and have been looking at alternatives.

What do you guys think of a chiminea or a bowl type of fire-pit instead? Also I know you can buy coal/wood burners, but are there gas versions available?

I think it would be easier to answer if you give us an idea of the space you have available or the location you're planning to heat, the budget you're planning and how quickly you want to sort this out?

Oh sorry, the size of the rectangle patio I am going to create is approx 35-40sq mtrs which will have sofas/rattan type of furniture. I'm looking at no more than £200 for a 360-degree fire-pit/chimnea which will heat all the people sat around it. I would like to get this sorted out ASAP in order to plan for other items.

If I've missed anything, then please do let me know.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Thanks angleboy. I like that, but the disadvantage of that is that once it's installed, it's not portable to another location.

The type that I was thinking of is something similar to this:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122381786942

But I would rather prefer one with a chimney, so that smoke doesn't spread everywhere.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back