Gas flow at boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone
Boiler make Baxi 105e
. Gas Pipe to boiler 22mm
Gas Pipe to Hob 22mm

The problem is this: When my boiler flashes for CH or HW my cooker hob gas pressure drops off. I have had the main gas pressure checked at the meter and that is ok 22mbar.

Can you adjust the gas flow to the boiler ie balance the boiler and the hob

Cheers :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
No, you need the gas pipe uprated. The gas pipe needs to be capable of supplying gas to all the appliances at the same time.

Hi Mike

Which pipe is to be uprated , the one from the meter to the boiler or before the meter

Frank

no gas applicance is allowed so much drop that you can notice the difference.
chances are the pipe form the meter is to small to feed both

Sponsored Links
With all that fat 22mm pipe around you should call your gas supplier and ask them to check your gas meter govenor,govenor

With all that fat 22mm pipe around you should call your gas supplier and ask them to check your gas meter govenor,govenor

I was begining to wonder when the penny would drop :rolleyes:

the pressure measured at the meter needs to be the working pressure not the standing pressure.

most likely faulty govenor.

unsupervised flames at the cooker being affected by pressure drop, is ID incidently ;)

Hi Mike

Which pipe is to be uprated , the one from the meter to the boiler or before the meter

Frank

If you're getting 22mbar working pressure at the meter it is the pipework downstream of the meter (inside the house) that needs uprating or replacing. It is possible that there is a blockage in the existing pipework. A rough idea of the lengths of pipe to the boiler and hob would be helpful in telling you if it is a blockage or the pipework is undersized. Also a rough idea of the number of bends.

You'll need a registered installer to carry out the rectification work but it will give you an idea so you don't get ripped off.

There is approx 7 x 22mm elbows on the 22mm pipework to the boiler and approx 13m in length. Boiler is working ok

2 x 22mm elbows to hob and 22mm pipe is reduced to 15mm for connection in Hob. The length of pipe is approx 5m and the 15mm is .5m

By the way on the last reply from WDIK what is ID mean

Cheers

22mm pipework is definately not undersized, my mate runs a swimming pool gas boiler heater from 22mm pipe. it is either blocked (doubtful) or as mentioned you have an issue with the meter.
No wonder we have a gas shortage. You are storing it all in your 22mm pipework :D

Cheers for that i'll get in touch with the gassy people

Up here in Scotland the Gas is free cause we supply it!!!! lol

With 13m of pipe and 7 elbows to your boiler then this 22mm pipe could be undersized. You need an engineer to confirm this.
A lot will depend what m3/hr your boiler runs at at full rate.

Andy.

The Gassy People have arrived
Found out when i run the hot water the pressure dropped to 10 mbar
He replaced the regulator at the meter and everything is ok

This was done free of charge (bounus :D )

Thanks for the info and advice

Cheers
Frank

so it was the govenor :!:
also as I said, an ID situation.

If gas fitters, spent more time doing basic tests, instead of running around refering to themselves as engineer's less of this would be occuring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back