Gas flue modification carried out without permission!

Sponsored Links
BGW Dee who got solicitors involved in the 1st place ???

It became a legal matter after my parents were unable to prevent the construction of the shed and the drilling into their wall by the neighbours. We contacted the police, the local MP and the Council and none of them would get involved. The council were as much use as a chocolate teapot. The police said it was a civil matter and the local MP's staff misquoted legislation and did little to advise. By the time we found out we could have obtained an emergency injunction to stop the work, it was too late.

The solicitors are employed by my parents house insurance company. Without the legal cover element, we would have had no recourse at all, but they have been very slow to deal with this matter, unfortunately.

BGW Dee who got solicitors involved in the 1st place ???

It became a legal matter after my parents were unable to prevent the construction of the shed and the drilling into their wall by the neighbours. We contacted the police, the local MP and the Council and none of them would get involved. The council were as much use as a chocolate teapot. The police said it was a civil matter and the local MP's staff misquoted legislation and did little to advise. By the time we found out we could have obtained an emergency injunction to stop the work, it was too late.

The solicitors are employed by my parents house insurance company. Without the legal cover element, we would have had no recourse at all, but they have been very slow to deal with this matter, unfortunately.

Ahhh home ins legal cover ,,, I used it for a tribunal and was not impressed as they deemed my case less than 50% chance but only right at the end of the whole thing so I had to go alone in the tribunal but I won ;)

The moral is they work for the ins company not ya mum and dad so ya may find they back out at any time they see fit :rolleyes:

Good luck and get that CORGI guy to help ya with a statement of facts ;)

Sponsored Links
TBH, I haven't read all the thread, but I would consider RIDDOR reporting them for modifying a gas appliance, and then failing to check its safe operation;

no you misunderstand you dont RIDDOR people you RIDDOR an occurance or incident or an article.

To late to RIDDOR as there is no longer an occurance or incident or an article.
The first man on job, possibly Transco may have raised a RIDDOR. Its all down to perceived seriousness and likely hood of death &/or major injury, his manager may have made a judgement call that a RIDDOR was not required but dealt with as an ID.

in this instance there are wittness's.
RIDDOR does not have some time limit attatched.
the disconnection has to be recorded otherwise the RGI in in doo doo

That is a very good point Transco or whoever disconnected would have records why they decided it was ID.

Doesn't anyone realise that these neighbour disputes over trivial matters can make a house virtually unsaleable?

I was helping this lady by directing her sons to replace the fence with her neighbours. The neighbour came out to help too.

It cost about £200 for the materials and took about three hours to erect!

The two neighbours had spent £3000 on solicitors fees and three years arguing over who was responsible for the fence. I persuaded her to spend £200 and have a fence!

I think the neighbour later shared the cost of the fencing!

Tony

That is a very good point Transco or whoever disconnected would have records why they decided it was ID.
Yeah I suggested that quite a few pages back ;)
where?

behave ;)
Have you contacted both BG and Transco to see what they have ?

Page 4 @ the bottom
sc0421pv.gif
:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back