gas flue readings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can someone explain to me why i have different readings on my gas safety certificates on my properties.

on one gas safety it says 0.003 co/co2 ratio % is this right

Sponsored Links
Each individual property has a different boiler and each boiler will give a different reading.

Very few engineers actually measure the gas if its only a certificate without a service.

Tony

I belive the requirement under CPA1 (gas qual in combustion analysis) is to reach 0.004 as a ration of co/co2 gases and below. Therefore, a reading of 0.003 is acceptable providing all else is in order when inspected. Most modern boilers are usually tested this was to decide if a strip down service is required.

Each individual property has a different boiler and each boiler will give a different reading.

Very few engineers actually measure the gas if its only a certificate without a service.

Tony

its just that i have had a % reading of 6 or something like that on one other boiler any idea what that could be it was done by british gas.

Sponsored Links
% reading will be percentage of co2 in sample.
There is a lot of information on a safety cert that the consumer will not have a clue about or need to know about. The most important box for consumers is the IS THE APPLIANCE SAFE TO USE box.If the answer is yes -fine and dandy if no- worry

its just that i have had a % reading of 6 or something like that on one other boiler any idea what that could be it was done by british gas.

0.0006 ratio of co:co2 is typical of older boilers. While a ratio of 0.003 is acceptable it is extremely rare. most boilers in good condition are better than 0.002.

The 6 may represent co2 it is not an unusual percentage of co2 in non band A boilers, depending on excess air.

But your question is meaningless as are the answers since the facts are not available to us. If you really want to know something then in your question give all the facts. If you want toi ask a different question to what we have answered try asking the different question more clearly instead of using a mind like my wife uses when i think she wants an asnwer to the question my logical mind tells me she has asked, when in fact she thinks she has asked an entirely different question, so my answer is foolish and deserving of an argument which aparently is of my making.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back