Gas Safety checklist?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what SHOULD a gas safety check (CP12 etc) consist of (as a minimum, say for eg a r/s boiler:

tightness test of installation (let-by test before of ecv)
inspection of gas pipework
ecv accessible/satisfactory
equi bonding check
visual check on flue - route/termination etc (ventilation if required)
checking of operating/burner pressure / gas rate
flue gas analysis (coc / co2 ratio check)
boiler case seals check - if removed

i presonally always check condesate / prv route/termination (if applicable)
earth continuity check/fuse check (3 amp)
co room level check
co2 % if a-rated/premix burner (check/adjust if necessary)
co alarm fitted/tested / advised to fit
check pressure on gauge is satiosfactory (if applicable)

do some companies check more/less?

Sponsored Links
Sorry mate you'll have to move this post to the CC forum as gas advise is not allowed on the open forum, rules is rules

Sorry mate you'll have to move this post to the CC forum as gas advise is not allowed on the open forum, rules is rules

:rolleyes: ....................operational procedures for carrying out a CP12 is not exactly CC material now is it........................something for the general public to be aware of ..............procedures are clearly printed on the reverse side of CP12 , to which we hand to the LL/tenant.

Promised myself i'd never venture into the Combustion Chamber again , around 80% of em are fools. :rolleyes: ;)

Sponsored Links
the cc is boollocks,anyone can buy the gas safe training manual from bpec,they don't ask for gs number ,all you need is a debit card,what a laugh :eek:

that all may be so but it is still gas advise, advise on a gas safe inspection, Duh it's in the title, if the public want it then let them buy a CP12 pad, oh no they can't, you really have some scary views on CC, why's that then ?

that all may be so but it is still gas advise, advise on a gas safe inspection, Duh it's in the title, if the public want it then let them buy a CP12 pad, oh no they can't,?

Where was the gas advise?.........................any joe bloggs can walk into a plumbers merchants/parts centre & purchase a CP12 , along with most other gas safety pads..................CC scary?

fair enough, i always have to show gas safe card when buying CP12 pads,

Half the stuff on your list isn't required for a CP12, there are 4basic checks and that's the minimum as per the regs.
You shouldn't have any excuse to not know the 4..... And to start an argument,a tightness test isn't one of the requirements.

Let the arguing commence ;)

And to start an argument,a tightness test isn't one of the requirements.
:

Correct , usually avoid carrying out a TT due to opening up a can of worms , you know how it is "gas supply was alright before".. ;)

ah well too be fair on the gas safety form it has tick boxes such as ecv accessible, bonding at meter, tightness test pass etc - i always check these anyway. i know the flue/ventilation/ operating pressure/gas rate / safety devices ie fsd working satisfactory and appliance safe to use :) i like to check a few bits as well though

And to start an argument,a tightness test isn't one of the requirements.

true. but otherwise the integrity of the supply pipework has to be checked. if not visable then it cant be checked.

I dont suppose Lee does CP12s himself any more but if he did then I am sure he would do a TT.

For me, I know that for most properties the annual CP12 is the ONLY visit by an RGI and therefore I take my time to visually inspect everything and advise the client of anything that is relevant.

Tony Glazier

that all may be so but it is still gas advise, advise on a gas safe inspection, Duh it's in the title, if the public want it then let them buy a CP12 pad, oh no they can't,?

Where was the gas advise?.........................any joe bloggs can walk into a plumbers merchants/parts centre & purchase a CP12 , along with most other gas safety pads..................CC scary? :LOL:............tell you something for nothing though , it's mostly full of newly recruited gas enginneers & jobs worths. ;)

i must be in the minority then, cause im not new to it and i aint a jobsworth, im also in florida right now and it is roastin :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back