gas boiler commissioning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys hope someone can help me to understand this, even though im studying gas at the moment i unfortunately have a 'part' time teacher- or as it seems anyway!!

Im trying to understand this process so anyone with advice please advise.

My check list goes as follows:

1 boiler loaction

2 locate manufacture instructions and D.C left by installer

3 installed in accordance to M. instructions.

4 check general condition

5 correct flue size and terminal position

6 safe electrical isolation/bonding

7 electrical tests: short circuit, earthing etc.

8 let by test

9 soundness test

10 purge meter

11 correct ventilation

12 check meter standing pressure

13 correct polarity

14 check meter outlet working pressure

15 check burner inlet pressure

16 check min/max burner pressure (if applicable)

17 calculate gas rate and compare with instructions

18 heat input and compare

19 check boiler safety controls

20 locate isolation valve

21 plumbing checks

22 case seal test

23 combustion analysis/ performance

24 explain system operation to customer.

Ok thats it guys, sorry for waisting your time, but does this seem in anyway the order you wou complete the commissioning and is there an vital info that i am missing? Please add info if you know.

Sponsored Links
Are you talking about commisioning someone elses work? Naughty!

no commissioning the test boiler in the workshop. Remember now only at learning stage so would these steps be correct.?

Sponsored Links
All instructions for commissioning are in the MI's for each boiler and it varies from boiler to boiler.Just follow the MI's and use the skills you will learn in time.

so no one has any comments on this procedure, well apart from smart comments

All instructions for commissioning are in the MI's for each boiler and it varies from boiler to boiler.Just follow the MI's and use the skills you will learn in time.

He cannot use skills which he has not acquired yet.

But thats where his tutor should be teaching him.

I know that its good to get people to look thinks up in text books etc. but when they ask on the internet that bypasses the learning process.

My view is that only difficult questions should be asked here by trainees. All of them are meant to be getting practical training with a working RGI and that does not seem to be happening here.

Tony

That's what I meant.He will learn after being taught those skills in time as we all have done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back