Gas hob clearances

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, not sure if where all the gas chaps hang out so hope this is the right place...

Just about to start installing my new kitchen wall units today (didn't have any previously) and wanted to check clearances around my gas hob which will be fitted by a gas fitter in a week...

Looking around lots of people mention 50mm clearance either side of the hob before any wall units.... this put me on panic mode as my plans are wall unit up to extractor either side which is directly above hob.

Hours of searching later and still none the wiser, rang HSE consumer gas helpline and they didn't know so referred to Gas Safe - they say check instruction manual as its their regulations that matter...

Manual says

"......providing the following minimum distances are allowed:

400 mm between the hob surface, providing that the underside of the horizontal surface is in line with the outer edge of the hob. If the underside of the horizontal surface is lower than 400 mm, then it must be at least 50 mm away from the outer edges of the hob."

Now to me that says that as long as my wall units are at least 400mm above top of hob, they are fine to be right up to outer edge on the hob.

Can any gas fitters clarify if that fits with Corgi recommendations? Last thing I want / need is to fit all wall units then get someone along to fit hob and refuse to do it.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
sounds good to me..

I put mine at 510mm above the counter, but that's only because I was using 250x200 tiles and didn't want to cut them.. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back